Hello all,
I have been having a little separation anxiety from my wonderful Mac computer. It all started when a crack appeared by the apple sign on the cover. I have a warrenty that covers cracks, spills, wear and tare, and basically anything that happens to it before the warrenty is up. I paid for it so I wanted to get the most out of it. Therefore, I took my computer in to good old Best Buy. Well, they said it takes two weeks and I was fine with that as one week was Spring Break and I wouldn't need it, but seriously, two weeks to fix a little crack??? Well it is now going on three weeks!!! Yikes. The separation anxiety started as I left my computer in the hands of Best Buy. It comes down to basically giving up my baby! I was going through withdrawals, and I still am. I know it is absolutely ridiculous, but I love my computer, I use it for school and personal stuff. I HAVE to have it! Well, I call the Best Buy guy asking where the heck my computer was as the online tracking system Best Buy has wasn't cutting it because it had been in shipment for a whole week. Well I still don't have it! I remember the Best Buy guy saying, "huh, that's weird", a line I did not want to hear. He said it is still in the shipment phase and should be here early this week. Ha! We will see! I am just trying to be patient, but it is hard when I have deadlines! Well, it has been a learning experience and definitely explains the reliability we have on technology. I have survived though.
5 years ago
7 comments:
im sorry best buy has your computer still=) hope you get it back soon. i know it is hard being without!
oh my goodness, i would be sooo lost without my computer, almost as lost as i would be without my phone. i have an unhealthy codependant relationship with my computer :) i feel ur pain lol
Ouch!!! Not your baby!!!
I love computers! My computer is MY baby and I will never let anyone borrow it! :) So I can kind of see how you feel! :(
Did you get it back yet?
Heidi! So, graduating this semester? What are you plans? Staying in Kansas?! I love Oregon!! So glad it picked here. I really like what I'm doing, working with adolescents, using, of all things, 100% structural-strategic family therapy!! Send me an update!
Did you get your baby fixed????
Hopefully!!!! :O
Ohmygosh! I just bought my laptop from Best Buy, and have the same thing.. three year warranty. Hopefully nothing ever goes wrong with mine. What ever happened to Big Bertha? (the comp you were using before)..Oh those were the days!!! What's your story these days??
Post a Comment