Pictures of family I am missing such as cousins and my personal favorite, my German grandpa. Let me tell you about Rudolph Oesterle, he is one of the hardest working person you will ever know. Now that he is getting older and can't work like he used to, he has come across redefining himself. He is still silly grandpa who loves making you feel at home and wants to know YOU personally, however even though he can't work like he used to, he still has place and value as the grandpa to many grandchildren who view him as a great man!!!
Well, I noticed I haven't posted since I started my class. Things are coming into full swing as I have my class in the morning for 3 hours, work in the afternoons, and see clients in the evenings. I am taking the transitions to adulthood (working with adolescence) class with the infamous Tony Jurich. I spend my leisurely time catching up, watching "So you think you can dance" and talking with my lovely roommate Katie Fredrickson.
It has been hotter than hates (Greek mythology) in Manhattan and guess who went golfing in it? Yours truly. I went with Marcos from my cohort, his girlfriend Janna and Christ Speirs. So Saturday was spent sweating profusely on the golf coarse for my first 9-hole!!!! At first I was really into it, noticing I was slowly becoming better and better.....However.....a copulation of the heat, and the fact that people were waiting for our group to be done, I pretty much gave up. This was the lesson I learned....practice your swing before playing. So yes, back to basics for me. I need improvement on my long distance swings. So, before I attempt the 9-hole again, back to the driving range for me :)
I gave a talk in church about the gospel of Jesus Christ bringing about true change in our lives. In doing therapy, I see change, which is so neat, however the true change that Alma talks about comes through faith, repentance, the Holy Ghost, baptism, and enduring. I have recently been applying this to my life and the overwhelming changes I once felt I had to change all at once, became hopeful and bearable. Take the behaviors or habits in life you want to change, and the gospel and the Savior will help indefinitely.
To be continued....
5 years ago
3 comments:
fun pictures with all my favorite people :)
I heard you're moving across the yard...hahahaha! I think that's the most...unique/hysterical/clever/fun thing I have ever heard of about moving!
I wish I could've heard your talk. I bet it was great!
Post a Comment