Wednesday, June 18, 2008

School Update


Besides the tornado, I need to fill in what else is going on in my life. I got a new roommate. Her name is Katie (another Katie) sometimes I call her Fred because her last name is Fredrickson and we have been a happy little roommate couple and will be still when we move in to the has right behind the one we are living (I know, talk about moving far!) We spend some of our summer nights watching movies. I enjoy walking when I can and when I am physically able because I have planter fasciitis where it is painful to walk sometimes. I need to get this check out, however better shoes have helped. I found a new love of kayaking. I've always wanted to go and thought I might like it and I LOVED it! I plan on going more and maybe, one day, investing in a kayak! 


I've been pretty busy still, yet have some more open times in the evening as clients now can come during the day. I still work at the preschool part-time, yet it still seems to drain me everyday! 16 kids will do it. I don't know how I will do it in July when I start an externship at Fort Riley Army Base and have a class everyday for 3 hours! Well, I've had worse, so I will bear through it! I am sad to be leaving the preschool August 1st. It will not work out with my schedule and trying to get my hours in to see clients. And, to be completely honest, emotionally I can't do it with all those kids every evening and then clients who need my total presence in the therapy room.

Last night we celebrated my old roommates birthday here at my house. It was fun getting together with married folk and one brought her little baby, which got me excited to see my niece Ellia this weekend!!! Flooded Iowa here I come. I may have to bring my flotation devices and snorkel. All is well with my parents in Iowa. The water it dropping more and more everyday and they didn't get any water, where the rest of my neighbors did. Their faith, everyone's prayers and the tender mercies of our Heavenly Father have been great blessings.

Well that is a glimpse of my life as of now. No, there are no men in my life. Right now I don't know if I could have time for one. I do enjoy flirting and teasing though!!!! If I stop that, you may need to ask what is wrong with me.....

Kansas adventure will be continued.....

1 comments:

Tim & Alicia said...

um... Ellia has PINKEYE!!!
I dunno where it came from, but whatever...
the doc said that the grumpy, poopy whiny, feverish baby that we have is probably more in relation to teething than the pinkeye, unless its some random virus. So we aren't dying- but we are missing our Aunties!!

Im looking forward to your next post! Im resolving to be better about commenting (Im even going to post about it to help me along with actually going through with it). I can just steal the photos from your blog, that's cool. Or maybe if there are more than you really want to post, you could send them to me through facebook? Whatever.
lata, lady!