So I left LATE Wednesday night 6.18 after I saw my clients and drove to Iowa....CrAzY. I didn't get out of there until 9pm, therefore, I got home at 3:30 in the morning on Thursday. I just didn't want to waste one of my days off driving. Hey, I made it and I stayed awake, however, I did have to pull over to rest my eyes.
The Iowa weekend was filled with a lot of events. First, I wanted to take some pictures of the flooding that has been happening in Waterloo. I forgot to take pictures of piles upon piles of people's junk from flooded basements. These piles lined many streets waiting to be picked up. The rivers have crested and are receding fast. The water that use to be right behind my parent's house is now farther down the hill. Miraculously, there has been no flooding at my parents'. Their neighbors were mostly flooded, even the Bower's who are across the street from the Cedar River. It probably has to do with not having a full basement. So, my parents are a blessed!
Next, family started to come to town for the baby blessings. We all met in Rochester, Minnesota for baby Kai and baby Ella's baby blessing. There was a great turn out. I haven't been around that much family for ages!!! It is fun to see what everyone is up to. I also got to see Brittany Kerr (formally known as) and her husband and dog Wiggles.
We were able to play games all together, something we like to do. My cousin Rachel and I went to that movie Get Smart. Can I just say I laughed A LOT! I thought it was quite funny and I am a fan of Steve Carrell.
Next came the Oesterle reunion in New Hampton Iowa. This is when I got to see Ellia. We played on the playground and in the sand, on the swings and on the slides. She was having a good old time and wasn't a sad or cranky little baby. We then all met back in Waterloo and hung out. We were even randomly playing a silly game of I-Spy with cousins, my mom, and Megan. It was really fun. The next morning everyone had to depart, however Ellia and I got some bonding time. We read, I fed her yummy pasta, which she will spit out our test gravity by throwing it on the floor. She was a big eater. She took a rest and then we went for a little stroll to see my grandma and grandpa and my brother (Ellia's dad) who are working on wood storage drawers for underneath their bed. I showed Ellia the hose and she was amazed at the water squirting out of it. We walked around and looked at nature. She was done, so we strolled back home. On the way home she fell asleep. I took her in, wanted to give her a bottle but she looked so tired. We rocked and she slept, yet any stir or movement I made she would wake up. After laying her down in the crib, she really didn't sleep. She just rested with her eyes open. When she got up she felt like she had a fever, later to find out she has pink eye. How the heck did she have that?
It was sad to depart my family and especially my niece, but it had to happen. I drove home late and my roommate wasn't expecting me until Tuesday (miscommunication on my part) and I was welcomed by her with a hammer in her hand as she did not know who was coming in the house!! It was quite funny! Oops. I have been settling down now and am grateful for the weekend soon approaching.
I am finalizing my program of study for my thesis. I need my committee's signitures and I will be good to go. Next comes the proposal. I need to get on this!!!! Right now I am trying to catch one committee member as she moves away. She can still be on my committee, however I will have to communicate with her via conference calls and email. She will have great insights! Well, I'm sick of writing so I think I will finish. Peace out.
2 comments:
looks like it was so much fun, im still bummin that i missed it :(
Hahaha! I heard about the roommate's story of greeting you with a hammer.
I told her to get a gun. Maybe it was a good thing she didn't...:)
Post a Comment