Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring Break 2008- Hawaii!

So many of you know I went to Hawaii for spring break. I have always wanted to go. One of my friends I went to school with at BYU is from there and Drew and Stormi currently live there, so I thought great, now would be a good time to go and visit! First off, I thought I landed in paradise and in a different country. It was a lot different than the prairies in Kansas that's for sure. I also new it was paradise because my allergies cleared up once I got on the island, not to mention the perfect amount of humidity.

Well I got to do some great things. I went to the beach A LOT. I went to the Polynesian Culture Center, got to see the temple, hung out at the North Shore, saw Pearl Harbor, snorkeled and swam with the fish at Hanauma Bay, shopped at the swap meet (tons of outdoor shops around the stadium in Honolulu, and much more. I wanted to cliff dive while I was there, or jump off a rock or something, but Malia (my friend I stayed with most of the time) said it was more dangerous than it already was because the water was extra choppy and there were big waves. Oh well, I can try it when I go back. Drew and I hiked to a pretty waterfall and Malia and I swam out another waterfall in a botanical garden area, what's with Hawaii and all the waterfalls?? Drew also took be body boarding. I am so glad he did this, and I felt my experience in Hawaii was complete when he did. By the way, little Kai Drew's son is adorable, although, Drew stole my name!!!!

So I didn't take home a polynesian lover, but I wanted to. The BYU-Hawaii dancers at the PCC were very good-looking, well I can grab one of them when I go back! The flight back was horrendous because I lost about 6 hours and took a red eye where I couldn't sleep:( I think I missed a days worth of sleep. Well, I am finally adjusting after the trip. The first week back was so busy with a paper and test due. Hawaii was wonderful though, a dream come true!

0 comments: